Motoring Tabs

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Auto Journals | OJT Week at Reynella Mazda

On-Job Placement week once again at Reynella Mazda and the experience was a learning experience the last time I was here. Though as an apprentice there’s much more to learn about becoming a technician and this is the place I also enjoyed it.

Being a mechanic or a technician as some dealership defines this job takes a lot of knowledge and skill to become one. This time around it’s more about being familiar with the process in servicing a vehicle. Besides that have the patience in taking each process as an additional work experience.


This was a surprise for most of the guys who I have met from the first placement. Of course one of he young mechanics was there too with the rest of the crew that that includes some new faces I haven’t formally introduce since the last time I was there they where in their Holidays.

For this week its only four days as Monday was a National Holiday due to the Adelaide Royal Cup. Jut like Christmas most establishments where closed and the people are either in the beaches of travelling on the road. But Tuesday is back to wok and like everyone I was back at the dealership.





Tech Bulletin and Service

Though we're not allowed to share details what Mazda "Tech Bulletin" is all about its usually an update for their products how to improve in giving their customer's good service for the the brand to continue its reliability.

This also is a tech bulletin that helps the mechanics in how to imporve the Mazda brand. Information in not only for one delaership its passed through globally in making Mazda one of the competitive car brands that you'll see on the roads everyday.





Two Seats in a Story

The last time I had experience assisting Dylan with changing the cushion on a BT-50 it was like taking apart everything literally. This time around we kind of learn from just removing the essential in swapping the old cushion of a 2017 CX-9 with a new one without entirely taking apart the wirings and electronics.

This goes the same with the BT-50 that one of the mchanics worked on that took a while whil.e I also helped out two other mechanics in-between their servicing the usual vehicles. But the BT-50 that had to do with the seat is the cover this time not the cushion as his explanation of replacing the “skin” not the “banana.”





Red MX-5 Racer

Reynella Mazda has a race car parked just beside one of the senior mechanics that caught my attention early in the workshop prior to starting the day with the same mechanic I spent my first placement. It reminded me about an M-5 that Hot Wheels released fro 2018 for the mainline series but this one was just in red.

The day became a bit slow as the day ended with me assisting with the pre-delivery for a 2018 Mazda 3 that he let me do the work. We were done by 4:20 PM not bad for a first day on a Tuesday. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment